Saturday, February 6, 2010



Hello hello,

So I have done a lot since the last time I posted. I went out with Alex and some of his friends to a bar ( they call it a club, but it's a bar) not too far from our apartment. That was a lot of fun, the drinks were free from 8-9 and onlu 2 Euros from 9-10. I went with Lauren#2 and we were home by 11 and feeling pretty good =p. I didn't have to go into work yesterday, I only had a meeting at 1. So I slept in until about 10:30 and went to my meeting and then met Alex again so he could take me around the city. We went to a lot of places. We went to the Parliment Building and after that we went around to the RotHouse ( it's abbreviated for something I can't say or spell) which is where the President works. There is a market there and a skating rink. The rink is gonig to be there until March, but I think we are going to go tomorrow! Towards the end of our 2 hour tour of part of the city, we went to Karlsplat. It is a beautiful church with incredible pillars on the outside of it. Now I saw all of these places, but I did not go in them, not yet. Tomorrow is also a day when all of the museums are free, we are going to the Belvedere =)


After Lauren#1 and #2 (I'm #3) came home, Lauren #1 and I went out to dinner with 2 other interns, Mike and Valerie. Mike is from Kansas and went to University of Kansas, and Valerie is from Rochester and went to Miami of Ohio. They are both great and lots of fun to hang out with. Anyway, we went to this Persian restaurant for dinner and it was delicious. The owner/cook was talking to us in English and telling us about this one time he went to California and was on a ranch for one week. Mike, who speaks German more or less fluently was helping out a lot. The owner then continued to play Persian music for us on his guitar ( we were the only ones in the restaurant) and it was beautiful! After we left the restaurant, we went to a pub like place and had a beer there. It was a micro brewery and I had the light beer that they brew. It was actually very good, and it wasn't filtered either. The pub seemed like a good place for a younger crowd, but there was a ton of smoking, so now all of my clothes stink.

So far I am loving this city. I am really excited to actually start work on Monday, but I am even more excited about the ball that I am going to tonight! Don't worry, I will put pictures up, especially because it's at Hofburg Palace!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment