Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So Prague was great, except we almost didnt get there! Tess and I were on the train platform at 7:50 am ( our train left at 8), and it was perfect timing and all the other trains were on time, but of course when it was time for our train it wasnt there. Needless to say, we werent happy. So we went down to the ticket station and because we had bought our online, they said they couldnt do anyg for us and would have to buy another ticket and to fill out a refund form so we MIGHT get our money back... we asked for the manager. He gave us new tickets for free an hour and half later than we were supposed to leave. No problem. So finally we got to Prague, and spent the evening walking the city and seeing all of the famous sites! We stayed at a really nice hostel about 10 minutes from the center of the city. On Sunday, we got up early and went back to all of the main places ( Charles Bridge, Astronomical Clock, Old Town Hall Square) and also took a tour of Prague Castle and the Jewish District (saw the older synagogue in Europe). Then made our way back to Vienna!
While I was there I actually really missed Vienna.. it was weird but I'm glad to be back! Work is going well. I am working with PACT these next two weeks (cancer.iaea.org) and helping them out with fundraising. Other than that I am enjoying my free time! It finally just got warm out and I'm working all day so i can't go enjoy it! =( but i love it here.

I'm off to Budapest with Tess on Saturday! Can't wait to tell all about it!

p.s. my pictures from Prague are on my facebook. I will try and put them on flickr when i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment